Florida, named as Flowery Land by the Spanish explorer Juan Ponce de Leon already in 1513, is the US state known for its longest coastline and subtropical to tropical climate. tickets to Disney world Orlando
I have a lot of friends who come from Florida, or moved in there but also many foreign friends who were attracted by its charm to pay a short visit at least. Some of them even decided to travel around in an RV renting it via RVshare website.
As well, I do know a few people who went to Miami or Key West to work for a couple of months, some of them were even my ex high school classmates from Slovakia.
Reasons to visit Florida:
- Disney World – recently I’ve been visiting many amusement parks so visiting Florida could not go without getting tickets to Disney world Orlando. Would you join me?
- animals – crocodile, manatee, alligator, panther, dolphins, whales, eagles and much more can be found in Florida – after my experience of swimming with caimans in the Amazon jungle of Bolivia, I would love to see the difference between them, crocodiles and alligators
- Mockingbird is the state bird – I so love the birds! I honestly could spend days observing different birds flying, feeding and just cleaning themselves up.
- Around 1,000 km of beaches – enough said about the Sunshine State to convince not only me to
- Florida has more than 4,500 islands! Island paradise, here I come …
- Hispanic community – I am one of the biggest fans of Latin American culture so Florida is definitely a place for me. It’s said around 20% of Florida’s inhabitants speak Spanish so I could discuss just anything with them talking in my favorite language ever.
- Historic districts of towns
- Fresh fruit and veggies – citrus, watermelon, tomatoes, celery and strawberries, yum! Around 40% of the world’s oranges is produced in Florida so the state drink is my favorite fresh orange juice.
- Mild winters in Miami – no more freezing! (I am officially allergic to cold if you didn’t know)
- Wikipedia states there’s more than 3,000 wildflowers in Florida and who doesn’t like flowers?
- Caves, springs and sinkholes (I’ve visited more than 15 sinkholes in Yucatan peninsula in Mexico and am dying for more!)
- Great for a city break – Miami, Orlando, Tampa, Sarasota, Jacksonville, Fort Lauderdale, Hialeah etc.
- Unique architecture – Mediterranean Revival and Spanish Revival
- Sports – such as baseball, tennis, golf, car racing, soccer, basketball, ice hockey
- Special Flash of Green phenomenon can be sometimes witnessed after the sunset
- Canoe, Kayak, Sailing, Fishing, Boating and Air Adventures – anything is possible in Florida
- Perfect Wellness – there’s nothing better than relaxing in a spa after a cool adventure. That’s why I started my Adventure and Spa project and as far as I know, Florida is definitely a place to go for both.
All the points above make Florida top travel destination of the world, and no wonder why …
Would you add any more reasons to visit Florida? Have you been?